Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 16 of the 35 Day Challenge

Day 16 of the 35 Day Challenge
90% is mental?

Hey girls!
Just got done with my girls' basketball team practice. Those 6th grade girls are working so hard. Today was a tough practice. We talked a lot about mentally staying in the game. About not getting defeated before you've even stepped out onto the court. About mind over matter. A lot of this is really faith. Believing in what is yet to come, or what you do not see and trusting in what you know is the truth. However, often I think we check out before we even check in. Here are some examples of some things I have heard women say...

I want to be confident, BUT I just don't feel good enough.
I want to start my own business, BUT I'm afraid it might not suceed.
I want to God's best for my life, BUT how can he use me?
I want to be loved, BUT I don't feel pretty enough.
I want to try, BUT it hasn't worked out before.

WHY ARE WE CHECKING OUT MENTALLY, BEFORE WE EVEN CHECK IN??????

There are a ton of things that are impossible in life. ABSOLUTELY! ESPECIALLY in our own strength. BUT, these fears and doubts are really stupid, if we aren't trusting that our God is greater than our BUT. Sometimes, I find it helps to take a deep breath and say whatever your statement is but then STUBSTITUTE your BUT with 'and God, I'm ready to get in the game'. See what He does. Of course you and I can't do it on our own or through our own strength. We were not meant to. BUT why check out before even checking in?

BYE BYE BUTs :)......19 days to go.

Lots of Love,
Andi
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment