Saturday, January 15, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 6 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 6 of 35
How badly do you want it? 

Whew! What a Saturday! Definitely a little busier than most. I love how God is teaching me things through this 35 Day Commitment.....I think my eyes are even more open than normal. I could write on so many things.....but I think I'll just touch on two tonight.....one I saw in a 11 year old girl.....the other I was reminded of while on my drive home from an evening tea. 

Tonight, I called in an extra practice for my 6th grade girls' basketball team. Not manditory, but on a long weekend....and a Saturday night....I had 8 girls show up to practice from 5pm - 6.30pm. These 11 year olds are blowing me away!!! It is currently my goal in life to be the world's greatest coach for them :). Tonight, we were locked out of our gym....but that certainly wasn't about to mess up our practice! So, I told the girls, well....you know what's always open...THE TRACK! We ran the better part of a mile!!! Remember they are about 4 ft tall. My girls pushed through and didn't stop once nor did they complain. I can't believe I have the opportunity to coach them! After our run, we did some dribbling and passing drills. At one point, I had the girls dribble down an outdoor courtyard at our school. I told them that they were only allowed to dribble with their weak hand and that if they took their eyes off of me and looked down for one second they would be running a lap. One of my shining stars volunteered to go first. As much as my heart did not want to make her run, she looked down, so I had to follow through. The second girl dribbled down and about halfway through lost the ball but ran straight to me and into a hug. I could not stop laughing. I said to her [amidst the hug and laughter] 'You forgot the ball!' She replied, 'I just didn't want to run, so I decided no matter what I was not going to look down!' The whole team was almost on the ground with laughter. 

You know what separated this young lady. Her faith and determination. Even if she lost the ball. She KNEW what she did NOT want and no matter what, she was NOT going to have that!!!... Even if, she got to the end and was without her ball. This spoke volumes to me about her character. 

How does this tie into getting rid of our BUTs in our faith statements???

Well, what if we become so determined and so full of faith to reach our goal, knowing what we don't want and refuse to let anything take our eyes off of our coach? Even, if we loose the ball??? 

We'll still make it to the end. And you know what? She didn't have to run. She obeyed exactly what I asked of her. She did not question. Her determination was IMMOVABLE!

Tonight, after having tea with a friend, I drove home and had a few things on my mind. I had been fasting today and thought about what fasting actually does. I thought about how it strengthens our faith and if we are determined enough, it can actually add more substance to what we are praying for....you know the things that just need a little more??? Sometimes, I think it is that ENOUGH part....just enough that is hardest at times. Not in our strength, but in His. I thought about this as I was driving. In absence of my own control and waiting on Him and believing Him for what I desire and am praying for.....HE receives the total glory. The complete credit. Why? Because I have done nothing, but wait on Him! How much greater is that. We cannot do all things by ourselves, but through Him. 

Believe for what you want so passionately that you will loose the ball just so you can keep your eyes on Him. Doing it completely through Him, allowing not only more substance to be added to your faith, but also....giving HIM the opportunity to receive all the credit, without your personal accolades. 

Good night my dear friend. Road trip tomorrow, believing God for what I desire and praying for you too.

Lots of Love,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment