Saturday, January 22, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 13 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 13 of 35
Its amazing the peace you can find when you ask God to help your disbelief.

One of the hardest parts of kicking the BUTs out of our faith statements is getting the BUTs out of our heads. You might be thinking even now that I'd love to believe that with reckless abandonment, with mustard seed faith, BUT how do I get the BUTs out of my head? The power of positive thinking alone just seems unrealistic.
You know what I've been finding amidst this 35 Day Challenge? Each moment when I can predict a BUT ready to come on in the middle of my faith statement.....I simply say, "God, help my unbelief." I know this sounds like the world's simplest advice, but you would be amazed how much peace I have been finding. How calm I feel about almost everything in my life. AND how much God has been opening my heart and stretching me to think about other areas differently and less self-focused. I'm working on a little project I'll share with you on Wednesday. SOOOOO excited! Rest well and know that He is MORE than enough and can help us through the unbelief.

Lots of Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment