Friday, January 14, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 5 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 5 of 35
'Pillars carved to adore a palace' | 'Sculpted in a palace style' Ps. 144 v.12


Good Morning! I've been thinking about so many things since yesterday and last night I awoke about every two hours, praying about which ones to write about. This morning when I finally did get out of bed just after 5am, I felt I had nothing to write at all. So I prayed and literally was just in my office doing some printing and a rush of things fell on my heart. 

What if you knew you would not fail? Would you attempt all the things your heart does not believe? What if you took a moment to realize that you are a 'pillar carved to adorn a palace'. As David requests in Psalms. May our daughters BE.....there is not BUT in his sentence. He does NOT say may they be pillars, but NOT beautiful. He doesn't say may they be sculpted in palace style but never used. He simply says, 'PILLARS CARVED TO ADORN A PALACE'....AND IN ANOTHER TRANSLATION 'SCULPTED IN A PALACE STYLE'. I am an art teacher and recently started a new sculpture program at my school. The thing about sculpture is that it is done with INTENT!!! An artist never begins a sculpture with the idea of failure in mind. Carving is a process. It is not complete in one day and it is purposeful. Every motion is planned. 

As women, we are pillars....sculpted and carved with purpose and intent with the pure design to uphold structures, to adorn and make beautiful that which cannot stand on its own. Let's think about this for a minute. If we truly knew our purpose and truly understood the intent and creativity that is going on in our process of development, would we dare to say....'God I believe in this area of my life, BUT.....'

The answer my friend....is NO. We would not. Today, remember that you are being carved, sculpted to adorn a PALACE! You will be used for support and strength in ways you cannot yet see. The moment you begin to think, BUT.....STOP! Just stop your sentence and say.....AND, GOD YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH. Then, as King George VI would say....'Keep Calm and Carry On'. We'll do it together.

Until tomorrow. 

Lots of Love,
Andi 

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment