Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 9 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 9 of 35
You never know what surprise you might find in your mailbox.

Many times we call the rain before it begins......

Today, I received the most thoughtful surprise. A couple of my students had contacted one of my favorite artists, secretly, and invited him out to come to a birthday party they were planning on hosting for me. Although, my birthday is not until next month.....they contacted him back in November! Today, I went to my mailbox and found a handwritten note from CLAES OLDENBURG, apologizing and explaining that sadly he would not be able to make it. If you know anything about art, you know how mind-blowing this is! He included a photograph of one of his sculptures along with his signature. I was so touched I couldn't hold the tears back. How did a 12 year old figure out how to contact one of the world's leading artists and what 12 year old plans a surprise birthday party for their teacher months in advance? And I could not believe that Claes Oldenburg not only received their invitation, but wrote a letter himself.

The point of this story is that.....you just never know what you might find in your mailbox. Don't allow BUTs in your faith statements to detract from the beauty that is yet to come.....you just never know when you might be totally surprised. The best is yet to come and He will not only give you the desires of your heart, but more than you can ever ask or think.

Lots of Love & Good Night....
It's been a LONG day.
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment