Saturday, January 29, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 20 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 20 of 35
What are you saying????

Today, I stopped into a gas station to get a gatorade....as I am still fasting coffee.
Although, I do miss my coffee, every time I pass a starbucks or order a passion tea instead, it brings a smile to my face knowing that what I am praying for is so much more important to my heart than my sugar free vanilla soy latte.

Okay....back to the gas station story....
When I walked to the counter there was a man checking out and two women behind the register chatting away. One woman began complaining about how much she wanted a husband and how she didn't think she'd ever get one. At this point, I was most interested in the man's expressions at the counter. Really, women should wear warning signs for men when these conversations begin.....but to my surprise this gentleman was all smiles. She carried on and on and finally I looked at her as I stood behind the smiling man and said 'My dear, don't be so negative on yourself......you never know when the man of your dreams is gonna come marching through those doors.....do you honestly think he wants to hear you talking like this?'

Oh.....my.....goodness......ANDREA! What came over me to say this to a complete stranger.....I have NO CLUE! But that gentleman turned and smiled at me with the biggest grin and then everyone burst into laughter. My response came so quickly from my heart and probably was fueled by this BUT kicking challenge.....

So, ladies....how are you doing? What BUTs in your faith statements are you trying to kick out? How are things coming? If we stop allowing these BUTs to come out of our mouths, eventually our minds will forget them too. Message me how things are going on your end. Would love to hear. Praying for you daily and am so excited to see all that God has in store for us in the next 15 days.

Lots of Love,
Andrea
andrea@andreaperkins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment