Thursday, February 10, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 32 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 32 of 35
Stuck inside your head

Last night someone said something to me that I thought was quite simple but also quite profound....He said, 'When we are worried or doubting its usually because we are stuck inside our own head.' This is very true. When we get consumed with the BUTs in our faith statements it is usually because we are stuck in our own reasoning....and sometimes lack of reasoning. What does it look like when we go beyond ourselves? When we shift our focus from our now concern and doubt to reaching out to another with the same concern and energy. If you feel lonely, why not give of your time? If you are wanting financial blessing...why not give of your finances? If you want someone to listen, why not listen first? If you are wanting restoration, have you thought about the parts of you that you can change? A client of mine donated money to my birthday wish recently and I was so very touched by her generosity. When I thanked her, she simply replied....'Andrea, that's the only way I know how. My husband and I have been so blessed and whenever we desire something from God, we give in that capacity. So, when we want financial blessings, we give out of our finances.' I agree with this 150%. Its often why I take out single girls or my sister on valentines day. [No, not because I would rather spend Valentines with a chic ;) ] BUT, because I want that girl to know how truly valuable and special she is and though the romantic ideals and pressures that are poured into young women are beautiful, they can be dangerous if taken out of context. Today, why don't you write down one thing that you are trusting God for and instead of listing all the possibilities of failure list all the ways you can show this towards someone else. I guarantee that if you take God at His word, He is more than enough and will take what you are dreaming and believing for and magnify it to catch you in complete AWE.

No comments:

Post a Comment