Saturday, February 5, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 27 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 27 of 35
Stillness

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I have an abundance of energy most of the time. You know that I somehow juggle 45 things in a small window of time......but you also know that the opposite side of that strength is that I have in the past struggled with stillness. What is stillness? For a fast-paced person who is goal oriented and extremely driven.... naturally, stillness can feel like the opposite of productivity. However, stillness is not failure. It is not stagnate. True stillness is a beautiful picture of trusting and waiting on God. A calm in the storm. A deep breath in the middle of the unknown and a steady demeanor. When Jesus went fishing with his disciples and a storm arose, He did not panic; he slept. There are those who mistake laziness for stillness and I ABSOLUTELY LOATH the phrase: 'It is what it is.' I feel that phrase is the epitome of complacency. BUT stillness is accepting that God is in perfect control and that our concern and worry need to pause and allow room for Him to move.

Last night, as I went to bed I had this concern on my mind. I prayed about it but then woke up around 3am, thinking about the same thing. I prayed and asked God if it was intuition or fear? I really wasn't sure. I asked Him to help me discern the difference. I tried to go back to sleep but had a hard time at first, then smiled and thought to myself.........you know what? This really does not matter right now. What I know about God's character and promises are TRUE. He sees this giant picture and wants to be the knight in shining armor protecting my heart and future, I just need to allow Him the time. I quickly fell back asleep and woke up this morning with such a peaceful stillness. 

Ladies, we have 8 more days of this challenge. What does that look like for you? Are you finding a stillness, a sense of peace in your faith statements? Are you letting your statements just be or are you still adding your BUTs in the middle of them? Let's push through and in the next 8 days expect the things we desire from God and trust Him in the unknown. KNOWING that He has such a love for us that we can't escape. Nothing can separate us from His love. He sees you. He hears your deepest desires. Trust in Him even when you feel He is far away. Hold onto His promises. He can hear you in the silence. HE is not that far away. Here is a song I pray builds you up today. I love you world changing woman! Your life has such significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment