Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 23 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 23 of 35
Trusting your best friend...

Most days as I go throughout my day and talk to God as I go, I refer to Him as my best friend. This morning. I opened my eyes about 30 minutes after my 4am alarm went off [which I turned off in my sleep] and literally said out loud, "My BEST friend, THANK YOU for waking me up!" Today was a FULL day and certainly not one to sleep in late. I had such a good day all around being so blessed by my students and a productive evening hanging artwork. Around 8pm, I took a little break to go for some dinner. Zabas my favorite fish taco place! As I drove there I started praying about these faith statements of ours. You know, I am finding myself very calm about this area. It truly is amazing what fasting and prayer will do. As I was praying and driving to Zabas, I talked to my BEST friend, my Lord and Saviour [Jesus Christ]. I started thinking about how easy it is for me to trust Him, because He truly IS my very best friend. Of everyone in my world.....it is Him who has never left my side for a single second. Sometimes in prayer I feel so close to Him and secretly wish I could just sneak up to heaven for a bit to literally walk with Him.

So, tonight after ordering my tacos and getting back into my car I started to think about how many of you may not ever think about Jesus as your BEST friend. Maybe you have never even thought of this idea? Maybe you like the sound of it, but just don't feel it? Maybe He was, but now seems so far away? The Bible says that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us and that if we acknowledge Him in all our ways He will direct our paths. Perhaps, the reason why the BUTs keep returning in your faith statements is because you are not trusting in your BEST FRIEND. I know when I keep things in that perspective my faith increases 10-fold. Maybe try calling him your best friend today. It not only will add to your faith, but will draw you closer to a dependence on Him.

Good Night Beautiful Girls.
Lots of Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment