Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 30 of 35

The 35 Day Challenge: Day 30 of 35
Being Proactive

Good-Day Ladies!

So we are coming to an end of this 35 Day Challenge, with only 5 more days to go. Eliminating doubts in our faith statements certainly is a process. We talked about using our energy for other things in the process of seeing our faith statements fulfilled, but there are also some things we need to cut out to keep us moving forward. For some it might be negative remarks. For others it might mean that we have to be more open. Yet, others it might mean remaining more reserved. Last night I was praying about something that was really close to my heart and went for a run to try to get some clarity and also just to keep fit ;)....I love running. I think in our faith, we need to run straight towards God, straight towards His will, running full speed in the exact path that He is laying out for us.....without reserve or fear. In my particular situation it means that I have to be more open at times, even when it reveals that I am not perfect. I know this, but I don't think any of us like to show that we aren't completely together...even if most of our lives are. But that's just the thing....we are ONLY complete in Christ, and it is not wrong to have these doubts and worries.....but what is important is how we deal with them. After some prayer and talking through what was on my heart. I felt such a sense determination and peace. Determination in the sense of not allowing what my concerns might be to hold me from what I desire. If we are trusting God fully the concerns will take care of themselves in time. 'Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.'

How is this related to being proactive? Being proactive in what we are believing God for takes a shear determination to run and not grow weary. To walk on water and not look down. So we have to make daily choices to change certain things, keeping us moving forward without looking back.

It also takes forgetting things of the past. This is a tricky thought actually.....it's important to learn from the past but it is also important to leave the past there. This morning I received a message that was quite a surprise. For me, the only option I had was to delete. Sometimes that's what we need to do in our spiritual walk to build our faith, delete the things that are causing our doubt. I was speaking with a married friend today and was so heart broken listening to how her marriage is not what she desires. I love this woman so dearly, and hearing her sound so disappointed was devastating. However, no matter what your situation or how hopeless you feel....even if it is something like, 'God I believe my marriage will be a blessing, BUT we just don't see eye to eye.'God has a way of changing our perceptions and turning what once was so far away into something so beautifully close. I have witnessed restored marriages. Forgiveness for things unfair. Consistency even in the storm. I have watched God move in ways beyond what we anticipate. Girlfriend, today be encouraged that what you are doing today will change what your future looks like. The small things you are doing to change, may not be perfect but they are drawing you closer to Him.

Lots of Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment