Sunday, March 27, 2011

Being the woman HE sees

Hi Ladies!

Do you know what God sees when He looks at you?

He sees a woman of great strength. A woman who can heal from hurt and rise up again and do things even greater than she has done before. A woman who can LOVE openly, sacrificially, without comparing new journeys to the past. A woman with a conquering spirit to build up and fortify the relationships that she is in and support those that are in her world.

He sees a woman who is tender. A woman whom He designed to love like He loves. A woman who chooses to be compassionate and who naturally extends her hands. A woman with honest, with pure intentions.

He sees a woman with purpose. A woman who does things with intention. He sees you in your moments of anxiety. He sees you as you align your life with His will and as you journey toward that.

Today, I had a moment of anxiety. I was speaking with my boyfriend about his dreams and goals [this is the subject I like speaking of most in life]. While we spoke I had a moment when I recalled an incident where I had been really hurt in my choice to help someone with a dream of theirs. Now ladies, I'm being very vulnerable here...in that moment I physically had a hard time breathing. I walked away momentarily to collect myself. I had forgiven this person in my past. I was a woman of my word and finished what I promised. But this was the first time I was revisiting this life-dream-goal topic with the male gender and there in that moment were these emotions that I had to sort out quickly so that I could continue. When I walked away to gather my thoughts. The very first thing I thought about was how much I care about this man I am talking with now. The next thought was....'I want to spend my entire life building into the dreams of others.' Followed by the thought, 'You need to do this. One day I desire to be a wife who is this pillar of substance, strength, support, and faith for her husband building him up and encouraging his dreams......what I choose to do and practice today will directly effect the way I am able to do those things and to what extent in my future.' So, I took a deep breath and said, 'God, I want you to do this through me.' I was so excited to be having this conversation with him. The only reason why this anxiety came up was because Satan has a way of trying to use reflections from the past to cloud the future of what God is trying to birth in front of us. In those moments....we have the opportunity to choose. To dwell in anxiety is to remain in the past. To complete the conversation with such determination is to proclaim the substance that your faith rests upon and the hope for your future.

Where ever you are today, can I remind and encourage you of something? DO NOT. DO NOT. DO NOT......allow yourself to be defeated in small spiritual battles of the mind or emotions. As my sister would say, 'Get it together!' Choose to stand in the middle of the substance that your faith is formed in and be the woman your heart longs to be. The woman HE sees. And btw.....no one else has to know or see it. You don't have to tell anyone about your moment with God, You will naturally reflect His beauty by your choice in the silence. People will be drawn to you without knowing why....and that is powerful. In that exchange, God's greatness is magnified.

2 comments:

  1. wow thank you so much for that! What an amazing woman you are! I love that you have such a strong foundation. You are so intellectual and very godly Andrea...and I'm just amazed by your love for Jesus and your love for people! I love you! I miss you my friend! God has been doing amazing things in my life, although messy, He is cleaning up my life, very gently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words my friend....I just feel blessed to have a father who loves me so much and who gently reminds me that He is here. I sure miss you too. You are in my prayers beautiful mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter of the most high king. Lots and Lots of LOVE. xoxo Andrea

    ReplyDelete